Monday, December 1, 2008

Tracy Moseley Signs with Trek

Tracy Moseley is officially off of Kona and onto Trek!

Here's a blurb from the press release on Trek's website:

Today the speculation on the six-rider line up for the new Trek-sponsored World Cup program reaches a conclusion with the announcement that 29-year old Tracy Moseley from the UK has signed up to ride a Session 88 in 2009.

Tracy is one of the greatest downhillers in the sport's history and has a place in a very exclusive club of only five downhill riders, male or female, to have won 10 or more World Cup races in their career. Tracy has won her 10 World Cup races between 2002 and 2008, with two of those victories taking place in the past season at the Fort William and Canberra rounds.

Tracy joins World #5 Justin Leov (NZL) and South African Andrew Neethling, as well as XC teammates Lukas and Mathias Flueckiger (SUI), and fellow countryman (and near neighbor), Liam Killeen.

On the announcement, Tracy said today: "I am really excited to have this great opportunity to ride on a new exciting bike from 2009, and with a great team around me to give me all the support I'll need to further improve. I'm also really happy to have two great guys to ride with as I believe that is really important for my ongoing development as a racer. These three things combined, the new bike, the team support and my teammates, will make a big difference to me."

Click here to read the entire press release on Trek's site.

No comments: