Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wear Your Helmet

I like to learn by doing. And this weekend, I learned that helmets are good. I treated a drop like a roller and landed on my face. But the amazing thing is that other than a small bone break, I'm just fine.

Check out my helmet, though. The incident occurred on my cross country bike, on what was supposed to be a mellow cross country ride with friends, so I was wearing my cross country helmet. While my face is a little beat right now, it's pretty easy to see how gnarly this all could have been without an awesome helmet (not like I'd ever NOT wear a helmet on my bike, but you see all kinds of crazy stuff out there).










Another crazy thing is how much sand got smeared into the lenses of my glasses. I'm so glad that wasn't my eyeball!










Anywho, I'm sorry for the lack of riding news in general lately, but on the bright side, you'll be seeing a lot more of it over the next few weeks while I'm on the mend!

1 comment:

Carey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Took a freak over the handle bars fall recently and used the side of my face to stop myself, never had that much trail rash on my face before..I love my helmets!